Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Advent

As we enter the new year, we always find ourselves reminiscing on things that have been and were. Some of us look forward with bright hopes, while others stare at the past and wish to return though inevitably we must all greet the future -- be it from under the covers helplessly attempting to punch the snooze button, or leaping from bed with all the enthusiasm of a golden retriever puppy.

I'm halfway.

I want to push snooze and slow down time, though I'm excited for what could be.

2013 was a fun year though.

I recovered.

I married.

I ran.

It was pretty awesome.

My resolution is to strive for happiness this year, and to make choices in my life that support that goal, as life is too short to do otherwise. Also, it's my goal to return to my art with greater joy and dedication. I miss it, and I miss working on pieces. So there's that.

Oh, and a half marathon or two. Maybe I'll hit 10 this year, or maybe that 10th will have to wait until 2015. Only time will tell. If I've learned anything in my short span of years, it is that rarely do things turn out the way you expect them to.

Hope your New Year starts with a positive bang and a lack of a hangover.

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment