Wednesday, June 4, 2014

National Running Day

After being photobombed via text message this morning by the one, the only, the original lovely friend slash running buddy of images of the cardamom-laced cinnamon rolls she concocted, she proceeded to (unfairly) inform me that today was National Running Day.

So not only do I not get homemade-by-Heather tastiness, I get informed that the day I thought I ought to blow off my run I really should go running since today is, apparently, the Day.

Sigh.

She loves that I get up early, by the way. Since she now lives a time zone (or two?) over and 7AM her time is 5AM my time so even when she's up and perky at a (semi) decent hour, she knows I'm up at an even earlier (stupid) hour and she can text me.

So, in celebration of today, I shall detail my morning as it stands:

I reset my 4AM alarm to 5AM because I didn't want to get up that early. Because some mornings, it is in fact too early. I was taunted at 5:05AM by lovely friend's delicious looking homemade ocean rolls via text, that time zones and different states will prevent me from inhaling. I decided I'd rather keep doing homework than go run when 6:15AM rolled around and I wasn't at a good stopping point to stop to go run.

So far, no run for me today and it's supposed to be 80 degrees by my lunch break...which means I can either die a painful (hot) death and then crash and burn with heat-and-running-induced sleepiness all afternoon at work (which is unacceptable) or I can just not run until after work.

Unfortunately (and fortunately) I'm taking a seminar this evening with another good friend (and early morning gym buddy...though at 4:30AM when I finally roll in, sleepy and cursing, she's been at it for about an hour) that I've been looking forward to for a long time. That goes until 8 PM, which, for those of you who don't know me, is bedtime.

This girl needs her 8 hours of beauty rest, you know. Four o'clock in the stupid morning doesn't just happen naturally you know.

Hopefully my day will be rocky enough that I'll be pumped for a quick run after that seminar and then I can go to bed a little later. We'll see.  Do you think my 11-mile run this past weekend and yesterday can count as me celebrating? Every day is running day for this girl!

How are you celebrating National Running Day?

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment