Monday, July 26, 2010

Manic Mumbling Mondays

No, I am not abandoning you. The reason (I've just realized) that my blogs tend to be top heavy at the beginning of the week and nonexistant at the bottom, is because of the unbalanced schedule I deal with at work and in life.

Mondays and Tuesdays are lightweight work-wise, few things that must get done, and so largely filled with fluff. Wednesdays is also fairly lightweight, but the pressures of "hump day" kick in and I am a bit more dedicated (and usually feel that after two days of blogging, I should take a day off) and then Thursday and Friday are jam-packed with fun work things that actually need to get done (bor-ing). And then by Friday I'm so blah that all I can concentrate on is doing nothing — or rather, racing through my weekend trying to find time to clean, do laundry, spend time with my boyfriend, and accomplish the myriad of family activities that have been propelling me through the last three months leaving me somewhat bewildered that it's already almost August and I cannot for the life of me remember what happened to May.

Such is life.

My sister, mother and I spent a lovely weekend in the bay area. And by lovely, I mean mildly tense. And by mildly tense, I mean...well, I don't know what I mean. Ups and downs of high tension (grandma in the hospital again, arriving at my aunt's house and having no place to sleep, driving for hours subjected to the button-pushing finesse of my sister) and low-no tension (godsister's beautiful baby shower, watching my lovely friend bask in the glow of post-marathon glory — she finished in 4:31:41, and...well, no, that's it). Which means Monday morning feels as manic as they say and I have oh, about nil for attention span.

So I am truly just checking in. I will load pictures of the babyshower food tomorrow (Palace Hotel in San Fransisco, delectable) for you to drool over and in the meantime, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE PEACH DISH as that will be my next topic, as 'tis the season!

Checking in on my running though, you may notice that last week was weak in mileage (which lead to sleepless nights and a buttload of extra energy), and the reason was that my lovely friend was tapering, so I tapered with her. She's not running this week (recovery) so I need to gear up and make sure I haul my butt out on those runs without her. I've got my first ever half-marathon on August 14th. Wish me luck, and thank God that today's a rest day (though I'm still antsy, so I wish I had time to run!)...


Ciao,
kc

SUNDAY (7/25): 6 miles (last 2 slooooooow as the dog I was with was out of shape)
SATURDAY (7/24): 3 (fast!) miles
THURSDAY (7/22): 2 miles
WEDNESDAY (7/21): 2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment