Monday, August 30, 2010

Confessions of a Fashionista

I can't help myself. I have to present the best news first.


Eeeeeee! I cannot help but be shrill with thrill. My aunt introduced me to her favorite haunt in Walnut Creek, Labels, a designer consignment store. We walked in and were confronted by a wall of shoes. Prada, Blahnik, Gucci, Coach, Vesace, Loubiton...sigh. I didn't have myself pegged as a label sort of girl, but one has a hard time not drooling over deliciously soft leather tooled in Italia at more reasonable prices than the original label.

For instance, these delightfully drool-worthy babies are Versace leather pumps that run in the $1,000- to $2,000-range were a highly attainable $75.

And please, don't judge. I'm not the kind of girl to normally drop that kind of dough on a pair of shoes (other than running shoes, that is), but I just couldn't say no! Not this time...

Next on the list. A little fun "beach sheik."

Green tank: Kohl's, $5. Grey lace tank: Abercrombie & Fitch sale rack, $14.99 (first and last time I will ever go there). Denim shorts: Target, $15.99. Gold charm necklace (60"): borrowed.

Sorry about the picture quality, by the way. Cell phone camera. A little touseled hair, a fun gold necklace. Fun stuff!

Moving on.

This weekend I got to spend with my grandmother (along with various and sundry aunts, uncles, and cousins). This is the woman who gives my mother and I those phenomenal cooking genes.

Nana in her kitchen.

Wonton soup bubbling on the stove (for what, we're still not sure), fresh herbs from Nana's garden.

She watches cooking shows, mixes up fabulous things and as the cranky matron of our family, imperiously directs people in her kitchen. Sigh. Apparently, she's running her caretaker ragged and cuts out recipes from the newspaper every morning for her to make.


This was lunch at Nana's, whipped up my my other aunt. Watermelon soup (yum yum yum!), and puposas (cheese stuffed tortillas) with homemade avocado salsa (not guacamole). So delicious!

So, as I have no more words today, I'll leave it this and let you drool over pictures worth a thousand words.

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment