Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sandwich Lovin'

Let me lay this out for you.

I love food. I adore food. Especially sugar food. And donuts.

Mmm. Donuts.

It's one of the many reasons I run. I'm not sure why I love food sugar so much, but I do.

I'm not even particularly picky. Though I know what foods are good for me, good to me, and so not worth it. Raisin Bran is so not worth it. Ice cream and goat cheese are worth it on occasion, but my lactose intolerance doesn't like them a whole lot.

Today was one of those days that goat cheese was so worth it.

Another thing you should know about me is that I'm not a big sandwich person. Nothing wrong with 'em, they're just not my first choice. However, there is one sandwich in the world that I would knock down, drag out, sucker punch for.


Toasted Brio bread, fresh tomato, organic homegrown basil (fresh out of the garden, no less!), local chevre, extra virgin olive oil, balsalmic vinegar and a dash of salt and pepper. Add turkey to that if you've got it and I will hunt you down and eat your sandwich. The vegetarian version is just as delectable though.

Are you drooling yet?

Ciao,
kc

TODAY: 60 minute Fartlek run — 15 minute warm up, 10 reps of 2 minutes swift running with 1 minute light jog, 15 minute cool down + Strength and Conditioning
SATURDAY (8/28): 3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment