Monday, May 2, 2011

A day of sun

Yesterday was gorgeous. It reminded me of San Luis Obispo with it's deep blue sky, 70+ degree weather and it's ability to sunburn formerly-unsunburnable people like me whom have been in the pale of winter so long that our skin has quite forgotten what the hell tan lines are.

Instead of cleaning the house in preparation for boyfriend's return (he was at a ski patroller conference...yes, they have those...all week) I decided it was too good a day to stay inside and did some spring planting (that in all honesty will probably just freeze in the next week, but It got me outside), read my book in the sun, opened every single window in my house, took a trip to Urgent Care with my dear friends Andy and Sara because Andy enjoyed the sun in the form of a really long run and had an allergic reaction to his protein drink mixed with the abundant, sunshiney pollen and the exhaustion from the heat and his 2 hour run - his eyes swelled nearly shut, puffy whites and all, we made the decision to see the doc than take a walk. And I finished off my day with a bike ride to Pilot Butte (1.5 miles from my house) a run UP Pilot Butte (1 mile up, 1 mile down) and making dinner for boyfriend upon his return.

It's supposed to rain today, which has put a decided damper on my former plans to ski and hike, as the sky is decidedly gloomy and the house still needs to be cleaned...

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment