Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dear Mommy

This post is for you.

1. You are the best mother a girl could ask for.

2. You care if I blog, you call me if I forget.

3. You laugh with me over the horror that are the new Necco Sweethearts (because really, chalk tastes so much better than soap and it's just a travesty that they changed their darned recipe).

4. You get so excited when sister and I come see you.

5. One of my favorite memories is us surprising you with her last summer and you crying with happiness to have us both at once because it was just the best surprise ever. (And we were super super sneaky and proud of ourselves that we had managed to surprise you, because somehow, you know everything...often even before we know it ourselves.)

6. (That's a mommy trick isn't it? Knowing everything?)

7. I love the way you sing pop songs as if you listen to them all the time. ("So what/I'm still a rock star/I've got my rock moves...")

8. I love that because of you, I've started making lasagna to take with me when I visit people who don't cook or I prepare it ahead of time when I'm gone for the weekend so that when I get back I don't have to cook.

9. Because of you, lasagna is inevitable.

10. I love that you have made me (in part, 'cause Dad helped too) the person I am today, because I really like her and I couldn't have done it without you.

11. I love it that I got it from my mama.

12. Happy Mother's Day, Mommy. I'll see you in a week.

Love,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment