Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Exodus

On my run this morning it was 43 degrees and I had a problem focusing on my feet and watching where I was going (which was rather treacherous) for a couple reasons.

The sun was mid-rise and the sky was gorgeous, lined with ominous clouds on the horizon and spattered with pink and gold ones above.

And there was flock after flock of Canadian geese flying formation south for the winter. It was eerie how many of them there were. And then suddenly, there were none. The sky was empty. It was one of the oddest feelings I've had in a while, seeing hundreds and then none in the same short span of time.

It's hard to describe, and I'm guessing that my words aren't really doing much for it. That or the blood that is currently residing in exhilarated muscles and not in my brain has something to do with it.

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment