Tuesday, September 20, 2011

In Remission

I would like to start out by apologizing to you all, I have been remiss in my duties as a blogger. Here it is the end of September already and I haven't posted since August! The horror! Part of the problem is that I've had too many fun things going on this month:

- a quick but fulfilling visit with a dear Sister from college
- a quick and cold camping trip with lovely Heather and co.
- this weekend will see a visit with Heather and co. again (hooray!)
- and most importantly, I had my first vacation since May and it's only 3 and a half weeks until my next one!

I've been reminiscing a lot this month. It was only a year ago that I was having nightmares about the truck rental place only giving us a 17 inch truck rather than a 17 foot truck, wondering if the move was actually (finally!) going to happen, wrapping up things at the paper and getting super excited about becoming an Oregonian.

Now I'm an Oregonian of almost a year, I have Oregon plates (though I've held out on the drivers license, bad I know) and I still love it here. Most importantly, I have lots of fun things to look forward to here in the near future:

- Nike Women's Half -- only two more weekends of big runs, aiee!
- Halloween, my all time favorite holiday
- my birthday, my second favorite holiday
- my mommy's birthday bash (she's 39 again in case you were wondering)
- ski season (bought my pass already!)
- Cabo San Lucas, Mexico with parental units and co.
- sister's gradumacation in Boston in May
- Siobahn's wedding in July

See? So much going on. Now if only I didn't have to do the lame stuff like go to work so I can afford all my fun activities.

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment