Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kicks and giggles

I went running this morning. Not that that's a surprise or anything. I do have a race in about six weeks. No, what is noteworthy is that I found a nifty new trail that gives me a second six-mile loop with which to mix things up with and just because I wasn't quite fulfilling my masochistic tendencies, and I needed 9 miles, I threw in the Butte for good measure.

Pilot Butte is a random hill popping up in the midst of my neighborhood. A random hill that is a one mile steep climb UP and then one mile steep downhill. Ouchie. But I did it and it was much needed...seeing as how NWM is in San Francisco and that town has only a couple gnarly hills.

I got new shoes again. I may have told you this already.

But I didn't run in them today.

I got new shoes because my feet are grody with calluses and blisters upon blisters and apparently that's not supposed to happen if your shoes fit properly. So I spent and hour at the local running store getting shoes to make my feet better. Then I ran in them all week, and apparently "fitting correctly" means I don't pronate as much as I have been for the last oh, ten years or so. Which is a really good thing, but it means my calves are being used differently which is a whole mess of pain.

Ugh.

So I did my long run in my old shoes to give my poor muscles a break. My feet were looking prettier after a week of not rubbing or callusing. Hopefully one run won't set them back on the path of ugs.

Ciao,
kc

TODAY: 9 miles
MONDAY: 4 miles
SATURDAY: 3 miles
FRIDAY: 4.5 miles
THURSDAY: 6 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment