Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Too much corn

So this past weekend we hosted a host of people in and around our little home. Mom, dad, dog and sis bunked with us, horrifying Maddie into a weekend long sulk in our closet. She still hasn't quite forgiven us and doesn't quite believe us when we assure her that the dog is in fact gone.

Grandparents galore and cousins too stayed at a nearby hotel, and the whole posse gathered to watch me run an excruciating and highly technical half marathon and sister to run a successful 7 miler. Then we all trooped off and I'm pretty sure all we did was eat after that -- though mom, sister, boyfriend and I enjoyed a relaxing float down the river.

They have all departed now and I am left with a fridge full of....corn. Apparently none of the ten people we guested ate any of the ten ears we cooked. What am I going to do with all that corn? Well I'll tell you what I did do.

Corn and Tomato Salad

3 or 4 ears of cooked corn, kernels cut from the cob
3 good sized tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
Handful of fresh basil, chopped
Olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste

Mix 'em all together and you have a delicious summer salad that uses all your extra corn! Or some of it anyhow. Mine is a little too garlic-y. My cloves were a little large and I used 4 instead of two...which will keep the mosquitoes away!

Ciao,
Kc

No comments:

Post a Comment