Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

1. I don't like crowds. I love me some sales, but I like the ones that happen to be happening on the day I'm shopping that most people aren't aware of. The kind where you expect one price and then it's lower at the register and then the nice sales person says, "Oh and today you get an additional 20%..."

2. Black Friday is underwhelming.

3. It's a sad day that people in this country are more concerned about sales and "Black Friday" and force stores (and thus, their employees) to open on Thanksgiving just so they can get to sales quicker. Whatever happened to family? Thanking everyone? Giving thanks?

4. Yes, it's fun. No, I don't need any of the crap that's on sale. Most of it I wouldn't buy anyways.

5. Do I sound like a Black Friday scrooge? Perhaps. But while I will happily and willingly admit that it's fun if I'm with my mom, sister, and co., I don't go when I'm on my own. The crowds make me cranky and it's just stuff. Stuff I don't need.

Instead, I am home warm in bed giving thanks that Tyler and I have been together for 3 and a half years (as of yesterday), that Maddie has recovered from her asthma shot (poor baby, makes her dopey all day), and that we're healthy, (relatively) happy, secure and surrounded by a furry terrorist who loves us and family and friends who love and support us.

Happy Giving Thanks Day-After, good morning Black Friday.

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment