Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Saturday

Okay, so I apologize for the scrooge-ish whining of yesterday. I still stand by it, headlines that boyfriend was reading off to me this morning were ridiculous, like "One woman pepper-sprays another for XBOX while man is shot in parking lot." But I could have sounded nicer.

I perhaps was speaking with the foreboding of the retail-employed on that unfortunate day.

In other news. My gym was closed this morning when I went. Apparently they don't open until 7 a.m. on Satudays. Which is unfortunate when one shows up at 6:15 a.m. after one has valiantly talked oneself out of bed.

The effort was heroic, I assure you.

Luckily with the time change it was light enough to get in a run. We're dog-sitting for our neighbor's Aussie-mix who needed a walk anyways, so his butt got to come too.

Brief digression: Ollie-dog is one of the awesomest dogs ever. He "hugs" you if he likes you, puts his front paws around your waist and his head on your stomach so you can scratch him thoroughly. And he's incredibly well-behaved for being a recent pound-puppy. He didn't pull on the leash when we were running, he didn't cut me off, leash-line me or yank. Good boy.

ANYways. My point is, it hurt. I know, I know, I'm such a whiner. But from the way my body complained this morning you wouldn't believe that I ran a half marathon a month and a half ago!

I know that's my problem though. When my running season is over, I'm done. I'm no die-hard who keeps running four or five times a week when there's nothing to train for. So in all honesty, I have not run since then! Except for that one night when I had the bad day at work and ran around the tiny indoor track at my gym. Which doesn't really count.

Oh well. Guess I'm in different shape now. Round is a shape right?

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment