Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Love

We're going to the courthouse today to get our marriage license! It's an interesting feeling because each day we march closer to the date, it becomes more and more real.

It's inexplicable really.

I've dreamed of marrying this goofy boy for so long I thought that it wouldn't "really" feel any different. But it does somehow. A happy twisting in my stomach that is a little bit nerves, a little bit excited and a lot bit of wonder.

Wonder at how this is changing me, changing us, in ways that I didn't foresee. Good ways for the most part. Well, not bad ways anyways. 

We've had a couple big fights but its over stuff that we really needed to work out and it's just finally coming out. It's like something is forcing it all out before the wedding to make sure we're ready. Not that I think we won't fight after the wedding, but we are getting stronger and stronger together and figuring out these new spaces.

Interestingly, he seems more confident, very assured of the world and very...stable. Not that he wasn't before so it's hard to explain, but he's got this aura of "this is finally how it's supposed to be" that's very interesting and reassuring.

I think you really have to go through it yourself before any of this would make any sense. Or maybe it's just me and I'm weird. Entirely possible.

Moral of this story is that it's a cool feeling. It makes me happy.

Ciao,
kc

P.S. I love this posting from my phone business.

No comments:

Post a Comment