Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"I should have been a rapper" and other things people say

It was our second trip north to Bellevue, Washington when a hip hop song came up on my iPod's playlist. Tiny little Melisa sat next to me in the passenger seat, while Taylor sat in the backseat. Melisa and I started doing the wiggle that can only be defined as dancing while strapped securely in our seats of the truck.

Taylor Swift said, "I should have been a rapper."

Wait...what?

Hilarity ensued. It was to be the first of many "darnedest things" that he would say during that trip to training, and even now that we've returned, he still says them.

Taylor, a.k.a. "Taylor Swift" or "Swifty," is one of my fellow new co-workers. At 25, he still has a baby face that at first glance pegs him at 18, second glance will give him 22. Then he deadpans something along the lines of, "I like to hold cool things in my hand because they make me look cool" and age goes out the window as you're doubled over gasping for breath with laughter and instead of a number, he's just plain ol' "Awesome."

You're never quite sure if he's serious.

You're never quite sure if he's kidding either.

Both of which make it so darned funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment