Friday, December 24, 2010

'Twas the Morning Before Christmas

'Twas the morning before Christmas and all through the house
every creature was stirring, except for the mouse
And by mouse I do mean my sister so dear
With her boyfriend, I'm so happy they both are here!

The stockings are scattered on our wooden floor
The presents are stacked almost to the door
My hairdryer roaring as I get ready to go
Off to work with my co-workers and my boss named Brian Joe

I know I'll be looking out the window all day
Anxious to be home and with my family to play
As they're all waiting for me, snug in my home
All that's left is for Santa to come!

With Mama and Papa and Laurel and Scott
Don't forget the dog, Puck, he's here with the lot!
When Christmas day comes, we'll all settle 'round
our sparkling tree, with gifts by the pound.

I've never seen a tree quite so stacked
With so many presents, where were they all packed?
The best part of Christmas, however
Is the part I remember forever
The bright happy looks on everyone's faces when
They open the gifts I so lovingly bought them!
Because Christmas is about giving, it's the most important part
But it's also about living, and having love in your heart.

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone. I hope you have a very merry Christmas. I know I will!

Love,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment