Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Letter to everyone...about nothing

Dear you all,

I love my job. I just thought I'd throw that out there. Even though I was in the store until 8:15 p.m. last night assisting with one last sale (to a very lovely woman who was super excited about her Droid but was so not tech-savvy...though perhaps, after last night's thorough tutorials, she has a fighting chance), so even though I was in the store and hour and fifteen minutes past closing and drove through a snowstorm at a crawl to make it home and just after 9 p.m. to a starving (and whining about it) boyfriend, I love my job. I didn't mind being there that late.

It made me sad because it meant my boyfriend time was halved, but I know that there will be plenty of nights where I'll get home on time like I did on Monday night and we'll curl up on the couch with our dinner and watch Dexter, or whatever TV show we're watching at that time. And he'll rub my legs and I'll give him a head rub and we'll smile tiredly at each other and just enjoy the time spent together before we go to bed and start all over again.

By the way, he's been a champion boyfriend. Monday morning, I got coffee and he cut up apples and celery for my lunch. Monday night, dinner was on the table (a very fancy from-the-box-mac-n-cheese with broccoli, which is a fan favorite around here). Yesterday morning, he full on made my lunch with a turkey sandwich, chips, apples and celery. Dinner was a little sketchier, but it was still 85% made by the time I got home (homemade pesto from the freezer on tortellini with salad, I'm telling you, that pesto business is a good call). Oh and the driveway was neatly shoveled yesterday morning before I had to leave.

He wins all the points. I have got to be the luckiest girl in the world!

Anyways, I promise I'll do a more thorough update this weekend when I have more time, but I'll try to continue to get little blips in here and there like this. Just to keep y'all in the loop you know.

Oh, and exercise has kind of fallen by the wayside. I was going to run this morning, but running's a bit more of a challenge when there's 6 to 8 inches of fresh snow. A challenge I'm not willing to conquer. My running coach is getting me an off-season training schedule, so hopefully that will motivate me, and now that I'm back home I'll be able to hit the mountain on my off days (I'm so excited!). Anyhow, breakfast is calling...

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment