Monday, March 7, 2011

Dear Mommy...

I guess I didn't realize just how much certain people depend upon this blog to find out how I'm doing until I stopped for like the last two weeks. In my defense, I've been busy.

Mom and Dad came to visit two weeks ago (or was it last week? I can't remember) and Dad tried valiantly to infect us all with the plague, which had him down and out (poor guy) for most of the trip. As with my boyfriend, you know it's bad when they don't so much as budge from a prostrate fetal position while the snow (or surf for that matter) is known to be kick ass.

The past two "weekends" of mine have been spent moving into my new home. Which, now that he's fully realized the implications of two stories and 2.5 baths, boyfriend is fully on board with and full of enthusiasm about.

1. He doesn't have to be super super quiet in the mornings because I am sleeping UPstairs and more than just a door separates us from his noise.

Although I discovered that with the garage door directly Under the master bedroom, the noise of it opening and closing is akin to the noise of the Enterprise landing. On top of me.

Awesome.

2. With 2.5 bathrooms there is bound to be one where he can leave the seat up and I won't notice.

The new house is wonderful. We're still working out logistics, but I am a huge fan. The only downside is that the two car garage is that, but only barely. And we have a lot of crap. But thee kitchen is nice and big, with an island and a breakfast bar, and those pulley-outy shelves in the cupboards that allow you to use up all the space without killing yourself. It's nice and bright, beautiful windows, etc. It's an easy walk to the grocery store (Mom, think Chester house to Murphy's, maybe closer), an easy run to Pilot Butte, and I'm going to run east today to see if there are trails that way too (like boyfriend says there are).

Now, I've got some cleaning to do at the old house and some unpacking and as I'm typing on my (really cool, awesome iPad that I don't normally get tonplay wih because someone thinks it's HIS iPad) and typing on a touch screen is fine for texting but not really intended for blogging...

So in short, I'm going to leave you now, but I promise to take pictures once I get everything sorted again.

Ciao,
kc

2 comments: