Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Resolutions

Here it is the end of January 2012 and I haven't said anything about the New Year or resolutions. I waxed maudlin last year about past times and how quickly time moves along, so I won't repeat myself. However, New Year is a time for a New Start and resolutions.

I've made a couple and would like to share them with you.

1. Bake more/cook more. This blog was originally started because of my forays into the kitchen and I feel that I've been sadly failing at that the past year. Well, not failing, but doing less.

2. Following that is blog more. I know there's a relatively small following, but I enjoy writing. I don't know why I stopped doing it as often.

Oh wait, yes I do. I used to blog at work at my last job (shhhh) and I didn't have an iPad before. iPads, while good for many things, are difficult -- though not impossible -- to blog on, and when I can get up in the morning and do everything else on the iPad, it makes me forget to turn on my iMac.

3. Exercise and Get In Shape. Now we all know that that is code for lose weight but we don't say that here except in hushed tones. I want to break 2 hours at my half marathons this year (already planning for half number five at the end of June!) and I chalk up my slower times last year in part to my lack of getting my butt in gear and the other part being that I was trucking around an extra ten pounds that I didn't have the year before. It's harder to be fleet of foot when you're carrying extras around.

So we're working on that.

4. Spend more time doing crafts and Other Things I Enjoy. Because life is short. And if I can't get a job in designing, I might as well be spending more time doing other artsy things. Like stamping. And organizing. And sewing.

I'm sure you knew I've churned out two baby quilts since that first one I posted. Oh you didn't? Here they are!



For some reason I don't have photos of either in their finished states, which is just obscene. But you get the idea. The top one is for my dear friends Nate and Patricia Hague, their boy Luka was born at the end of September. He wasn't supposed to be born until October and I was all stoked because I thought I was going to have it in their hands before he was born, but the night I finished it I got the call that he was born.

The second one is for Tyler's sister, who's due in March. I managed to get this one finished way in advance because the alternative was having to mail it to Chile. She was in the U.S. in December, so I scrambled to get it done so that I wouldn't have to ship it and trust it to get there!

I also finished that bag I was working on last January, but I'll post that picture in my next blog along with pictures of the Salted Caramel Cupcakes I'm baking this morning! I'll let you know how they turn out.

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment