Sunday, January 29, 2012

Keeping Up

See? I'm posting!

This one is going to be quick because I'm not feeling particularly inspired. BUT I promised I'd tell you about these:


Yum yum! They were much more involved that I originally thought them to be. Granted, I should know better, being such a caramel-making veteran, but the recipe page didn't mention cooling time for the caramel or that it would take forever to be "solid" enough to fill the cupcakes with. I ended up throwing it in the freezer to hasten it! It is entirely possible that I did them wrong, but oh well.

They were a little over-sweet for me, but they were a pretty big hit with everyone else. Tyler was very put out when he found out we would be sharing the cupcakes.

"What's for dinner tonight?"

"Jambalaya, just like you asked for."

"And who's coming?"

"Drew and Laurel, Staci and Brian."

"And what's for dessert?"

"Um...the cupcakes? Duh?"

"Awww maaaan...."

Apparently jambalaya he would share, but he missed the day in kindergarten when we were taught that we have to share dessert too.

I also promised you this:


I don't know if you remember that far back but I talked about making this bag with my sewing ladies almost a year ago. I finally sat down and finished it! The inspiration to dig it out and finish it -- other than of course, wanting to use it -- was that I went to the fabric store to get fabric for a different project and went over to the clearance rack...trouble there! I got fabric for a couple more bags and realized that I should probably finish the original before I start another!

Hope everything is well with you.

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment