Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Day In The Life

First of all, pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips in them are quite possibly the best thing in the entire world. Pumpkin muffins are pretty damn good all on their own, but add those chocolate chips and it becomes a whole new food group.

Breakfast.

Lunch.

Dinner.

Dessert!

It's amazing. Just add a bag of your favorite morsels to my pumpkin muffin recipe.

Secondly, y'all need to go see No Strings Attached starring Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher. I mean, it's great just for the eye candy alone, but the movie ain't too bad either. Boyfriend and I did a date night last night and saw it. I'm definitely buying it when it comes out on DVD, I was laughing so hard at some of those lines!

Thirdly, it took me all day to motivate for my run this evening. Sloth was the name of the game today. It was glorious and I still managed to finish my list! Except for number 19, added by boyfriend this morning: "cuddle." I have to wait until he gets home from work for that one. And yeah, we're always that sickeningly cute.

On my run I employed Heather's logic: when you don't want to do it, do it faster because the faster you run the faster you're done. I ran up the road towards the mountain and enjoyed the sun cresting the treeline and the balmy 45 degree weather. My first mile clocked at 11:05, which is impressive considering my sloth, lack of motivation, fact that I'm terribly "out of shape" and it's uphill. My second mile was faster at 9:56, and I finished my last mile with a screaming 8:59, running at full tilt (breaking 7 minute miles) at the end.

Now I'm done. Hooray!

What's that you say? I promised you photos? Are you sure? Oh all right. I did promise.



This is a cute headband I knit for my sister. It was pretty simple, I cast on only 70 stitches, I really needed more like 100. Oops. Anyhow, cast on 100, work in k4 p4 for 10 or 12 rows then did knit and purl for for the center at about 3" and then k4 p4 for 10 or 12 rows. I did some McGyvering with the ends to make them longer, but my original idea was to sew the short ends together.

The flower pattern I found here and it was super easy. The pattern called for beads in the middle, but lacking beads and having the center be a little loose, I threw a button in the middle. Super cute!



This is a bag I'm working on at sewing group. The pink is the handle at the top and a band on the top. The polka-dot-owl combo will be pleated and then sewn together hobo-ish. The flower pattern you see peeking out there is the lining. I'm excited to have it finished! I did some work on it today, making pockets and ironing backing and stuff.

So there you have it folks, the promised pics. I'm off to make myself less sweaty, hope you have a wonderful week!

Ciao,
kc

TODAY: 3 miles
YESTERDAY: 7 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment