Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Busy Bee

I've been busy. Today I was up early, wide awake soon after boyfriend got up (at 6 as he'd forgotten to set his alarm and it was only his good fortune that my internal alarm happened to be spot-on that ensured he was up on time). I tried to stay out of his way until he left — and I did a fairly good job of it, retreating to the couch with my book and my coffee.

Once he left, my day began.

It was a good day.

I got a lot done.

I vacuumed. Thoroughly. No dust bunnies here! I scrubbed the kitchen. I ran 7 miles. I ran the first 4.5 on the phone with Heather, and then her phone died (!) and I had to finish the run by myself. By that point though, I felt pretty darned good and ran an extra mile (we were only going to do six). I got home, sent off some emails and cleaned myself up. I gave the bathroom a once-over, not too bad there considering boyfriend just cleaned it and then I tackled our bedroom.

I don't know how you operate, but with me, in the morning when I'm deciding what to wear, if I try it on and it's out, I don't really hang things back up. Ever. In the evenings, I'll make an attempt to fold and/or put some of it away, but by the end of the week there's inevitably a pile of my clothing on the bench at the end of our bed.

Not to mention boyfriend's dirty laundry scattered around his hamper. I don't think he could get it in the hamper if he tried. Good thing I like him.

After the bedroom was tidied sufficiently thoroughly, I raced off to my appointment with Les Schwab to have my brakes fixed in my car. Yay! Three hundred some odd dollars later, I have new brakes (not that I noticed...seemed the same to me on my way home, but whatever) am three hundred some odd dollars poorer (c'mon, commission check!) and I was back at my chores. Did laundry, paid bills, the whole bit.

I have a list.

A whole list.

I'm a list person.

It makes me feel good to be able to cross things off.

I had 18 things on my list this morning. (Don't worry some of them were fun). I have 8 things on my list this evening. Hooray!

Tomorrow, when I get to do the fun stuff, some of which is that sewing I've been tantalizing you with, I'll post pictures.

Oh, I also baked pumpkin muffins and made chicken enchiladas for dinner.

Hope your day was as productive as mine.

Ciao,
kc

TODAY: 7 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment