Thursday, November 1, 2012

In the Works

It's a sad day when I've been so remiss with my blogging! It's hard to find a spare moment these days. I'm not a "mommy" in the truest sense of the word, but I'm feeling like I'm getting a very real taste in parenting with this puppy business. Those of you not in a place in your life where you have a bit of spare time for worry, training, poop, etc. don't do it! Simply live vicariously through me!

I sit down hundreds of times a week to write even a little -- this moment is even a great example of it -- I sat down for a second here at 6:48 a.m. only to here a tiny "whoop" from the bedroom from B telling me, "Mom, I have to go potty."

He's back in bed and here I am trying to remember what I was doing.

I was supposed to go to Portland yesterday to pick up my wedding dress and see my lovely friend, but the shop was closed and so the trip was postponed. Not that I didn't want to go up just to see Heather, I did, truly, but we had already arranged for Banyan to go to work with Tyler, which meant that if I stayed home, I could get all those things that I've just needed time away from our puppymonster to get done.

Like cleaning the house.

And making muffins.

And finishing baby quilts.

Okay, so the quilts aren't done yet, and there are about forty other projects backlogged as well. But two of three quilts are done. Which is impressive because one of those quilts has been in the works since January, and the baby was born in March...oops!

So I had some alone time, and was soooooo productive.

And I wanted to tell you not to give up on me. I'm still here. Mr. B is potty trained (for the most part, we had an accident yesterday...), can sit, stay, lie down, and come occasionally. We're still working on "come." It's selective. But he's getting better.

Now that he's getting older (and so much bigger!), I should have more time. Theoretically.

He's 15.6 lbs now. Compared to 4.8 lbs when we got him. Huge!

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment