Friday, October 7, 2011

Sleepless and (almost) snowy

I know that I still haven't uploaded the promised photos, I will get to it. Eventually. I promise.

This week has been one epic fail where running has been concerned. I've been valiantly fighting off the first vestiges of what appears to be a cold. Symptoms seem to be the worst in the mornings, so it usually pretty easy for me to talk myself out of my run. Good thing I'm sort of tapering this week (even though true tapering doesn't start til next week) and all of my really critical running is out of the way.

Part of what's making this bug so hard to beat before it even gets started is my lack of sleep. Boyfriend is out of town and apparently my whole sleep system changes without him. I'm up late reading and I'm up early for whatever reason. Yesterday was my day off (read: no alarms set) and I was awake at 6:30! And I'm not sleeping well. At all. Except for last night, which was weird.

Winter is definitely impending, my manicurist told me yesterday that last month was ten degrees warmer than average and this month so far has been ten degrees colder. I'll believe it too. I don't remember October being so cold last year (this is the first month that I can compare like that!). Wednesday, on the one run I did manage, it was 27 degrees when I got my butt out the door. The mountains are whiter than they have been and frost is killing my tomatoes.

Oh well. We're heading into the winter months snug in our home which we have through February. It's almost time to ask our landlord about renewing the lease! How time flies when you are having fun.

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment