Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Big Word Wednesday: Ephemeral

I want to apologize...in the haze that has been my healing process with my back, the days have run together and all of a sudden another week has gone by and I haven't posted! I had minor visions of lots of posting happening, and truly, it may have if I was equipped with such technology as a blue tooth keyboard for the iPad, as I'm truly not supposed to be sitting. Standing for short periods, yes, or lying down for long, yes, but sitting is aggravating to the back and as I do much sitting at doctors offices and such, I try not to sit at home.

Prone, more like.

And onscreen keyboards are hard to type on when prone.

But I digress.

Today's word is just a fun word that's fun to say. I don't use it often, and I can't honestly say I've ever truly used it, but there it is. Let's try a new word on for size.

ephemeral. adjective. [ih-fehm-er-uhl]. lasting a very short time; short-lived; transitory. Lasting but one day.
  • Almost without exception, it's designed to be ephemeral and site-specific.
  • Partnership equity, by contrast, is ephemeral because partners withdraw their stakes after retiring.
  • That's partly because many of the region's waterways are ephemeral, and they run underground for the majority of the year.
 Enjoy!

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment