Sunday, August 26, 2012

Guilt-free Ice Cream

Usually I don't particularly like Rachel Ray. Most of her recipes are complicated and weird. Or just weird. Just because it only takes 30 minutes to make doesn't mean anyone in their right mind really wants to eat things like kale pancakes.

But when I was in Seattle for Siobhan's wedding, we got our nails done at a nice place that had a nice tv playing an episode of Rachel Ray's show. I think she was making kale pancakes and rice noodles. That's not important though. She also made this really interesting dessert that piqued my interest.

Banana ice cream.

Healthy banana ice cream.

Sounds weird, but it so isn't.

If you're anything like me, you hate to see those bananas that are all brown and gross looking go to waste, so you either make banana bread or you freeze the bananas on hope that someday you'll make banana bread. If you're my mommy though, you don't get many of those because my papa eats them.

You can use non-brown bananas too.

Peel them and cut or break them into chunks and then freeze them. Once they're nice and frozen, throw them in the food processor with some milk and blend until smooth with the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Viola! Healthy banana ice cream!

It's especially delicious with chocolate sauce, peanuts and whipped cream, though that takes away some of the healthy bit, but its still delicious.

And its just pureed fruit with a little milk.

I promise it is really good and very guilt free.

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment