Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Big Word Wednesday: Fabulist

I chose today's word because it was the word of the day on Dictionary.com when I was looking up last week's word, and I thought it had to mean something totally different, and possibly even fashion related, but how wrong I was!

But it's a fun word nevertheless, and as I had never heard it, we all learn something new!

fabulist. noun. [fab-yuh-list]. a liar; a person who invents or relates fables.

  • "But at the same time, for fear of disruption and uncertainty, we attempt to relegate the maker's role to that of fabulist , equating fiction with lies and opposing art to political reality..."  -- Alberto Manguel, The Voice of Cassandra
  • "Nothing is off limits to this free-range fabulist.  He can fold a dusty Persian carpet into the contours of the world itself and wring delight from every lustrous thread." -- Clive Barker, The Essential Clive Barker
Ciao,
kc 

No comments:

Post a Comment