Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Things You Do When You Can't Do Anything Else

The things you do when you're not allowed to do anything else. During my month of medical leave due to the wondrous back-pain-filled-fun I attempted...

...quilting. And was shot down because sitting hurt too much.

...baking. It involved too much standing.

...napping. I'm not a napper. It ran into sleeplessness, which was occurring due to inactivity anyways.

...blogging. Again, too much sitting.

...and eventually found a winner with pinteresting. Pinterest was something I didn't understand. After having nothing to do I realized why it's so popular. It's a time-filler. It's fun. It's interesting, it gives you ideas on things to do!

While on Pinterest I saw I picture of cute, knitted My Little Ponies. I followed the link and found an Etsy artist who sold the pattern.

"I can knit while prone," I thought. "And five bucks, if it give me a project, AWESOME."

Luckily, turns out I could!


The little white one in the back was my first try, and is a little jenky as a result, but still adorable. The blue one is a pegasus version.


This was my third one (and is a unicorn) and as a result was much better! You can kind of see on the blue one and on this one that I embroidered designs on their butts just like real my little ponies. 


And this is mi sobrinita who will hopefully love the ponies as much as she loves the quilt I made her (that she's standing on in the picture)! Sol is my niece (well, soon to be anyways) who lives in Chile with her family (Tyler's sister, who is my future sister-in-law, and her husband), so the ponies will have quite a trip to get to this little girl, but she's worth it!

Ciao,
kc


1 comment:

  1. WE love you Tia Kristen!! Baby Sol, Carlos, and Lauren

    ReplyDelete