Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Quick Cake

I was just sending an email off to my lovely Heather with the recipe for the infamous six-minute chocolate cake that has graced many a girls' nights as well as family time and satisfied quick cravings. I thought to myself, "Why haven't I put this on my blog? It's an invaluable recipe!"

Passed to me from my mother, who I think got it from the Moosewood Cookbook (though she'll correct me if I'm wrong), it is critical for those of us who have insatiable chocolate cravings and need a quick fix. If six minutes is too long, you cannot be helped.

Six Minute Chocolate Cake
 1 1/2 c flour
1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c sugar
1/2 c veggie oil
1 c cold h2o
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons vinegar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Sift dry ingredients into 9 inch round. In 2 c measuring cup, mix oil, water, and vanilla. Pour liquid into pan and whisk ingredients together. When batter is smooth, add vinegar and stir quickly just until vinegar is evenly distributed. Bake for 25 to 30 min.

And don't forget to add sugar!

In other quick news, the first day of my internship at Faceout Studio went fantastic. Getting up early was hard on my lonely day off, but I had fun and even learned some new tricks with Photoshop. I did a mechanical in the morning (which is where you're given the approved art for the cover and then have to extend it into a full jacket, complete with provided copy) and a proposal presentation in the afternoon. I can't wait to go back!

Ciao,
kc

1 comment:

  1. I actually looked to see if you had posted on your blog somewhere before I asked you about it, ha!

    And I am glad to hear such great things about the internship day 1, keep it up and you'll be working there in no time, *wink...
    ps. waiting for the call for the pre-screen... trying to remind myself not to run my mouth too much, but still freaking out!

    ReplyDelete