Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Victory Garden

This is going to be a blog with mostly pictures. Though I do have a few things to say.



Our first baby tomato, on our Sungold tomato plant. Our Valley Girl hasn't yet started producing.


Our tomato plants are going ballistic, don't you love their homemade poles (those are recycled ski poles) and covers?


In pot on the left is Catnip that Maddie protects fiercely...through the window, I might add...mint and a small strawberry plant. In the pot on the right is our sole surviving zucchini plant that now, a week later is four times that size.


Clockwise from top rectangular pot: chocolate mint, basil, and another strawberry; marigolds, spanish something (I don't remember, but it's not doing well), and another strawberry; summer squash; mini bell peppers.

They're doing great. The lettuce in the front yard however, thinks its too damn hot. Which it is for lettuce.

In other news, and this is not necessarily new news because I was so excited for her that I told most everyone who reads this blog anyways, but I wanted to share because I'm so incredibly happy for her. Okay, here it goes:

My lovely wonderful little sister (Chi Omega sorority sister, soul sister, sister of my heart) is engaged! As much as I grumble about the multitude of weddings that have invaded my life, I am happy and excited for her because he's pretty wonderful too and they've been together forever and darn it, it's about time.


Congratulations, Siobhan and Michael. I love you!

Okay, now I have to go figure out how I'm going to run 9 miles. Wish me luck!

Ciao,
kc

1 comment:

  1. ok, for a spilt second I thought you ment your sister, and it took me too long to figure out that that picture was Siobhan and not Laurel, and to re-read it to figure that out... wow, obviously way way tired.
    That is way exciting!

    ReplyDelete