Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Big Word Wednesday: Ubiquitous

Have you ever seen Big Bang Theory? Well, if you haven't you should. But that's where this week's word comes from. The premise of this show is some really really smart, nerdy,  doofus guys and a dumb pretty girl and their interactions. I suppose now that I've said it that theoretically I should be offended for my gender, but she holds her own due to their social-ineptness.

Anyways. They use good words. They used this one when I was watching the other day.

ubiquitous: adjective. [yoo-bik-wi-tuhs] existing or being everywhere, especially at the same time; omnipresent.
  • Citrus is so ubiquitous in the market these days, the peak seasons of the various fruits tend to be forgotten.
  • Corruption is ubiquitous, and the government has been accused of authoritarianism.
  • Personal computers have become ubiquitous in rich countries.
Enjoy!

Ciao,
kc 

No comments:

Post a Comment