Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Big Word Wednesday: Pedantic

I hope you all enjoy Big Word Wednesday as much as I do. Because I really do love having to find these words and then sharing them with you. I mean, some of these are words that I have used and thought I was using correctly all along only to discover that I didn't or they're words that I've been asked to define when I do use them.

This week's is kind of fun.

pedantic: adjective. [puh-dan-tik] ostentatious in one's learning. overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, especially in teaching.

  • At times, such pedantic details stop the plot cold.
  • Not to be pedantic, but there appears to be a unit conversion error here.
  • This has been a remarkably silly discussion of pedantic, academic folly.
  • While you're technically correct, you're being pedantic.
Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment