Thursday, September 23, 2010

Shoes

I love shoes. Have I mentioned that I love shoes?

You might have noticed when I dedicated an entire post to these:


Or when I posted TWO photos of these:


I can't help myself. I love shoes. There are so many reasons to love shoes.

1. You can get perfectly good shoes, gently used, at thrift stores, garage sales, second-hand shops for very little money and not have that weird gross feeling that I get when buying clothes at those places. I still do it, but they require a couple washings first. Shoes don't require that.

2. Shoes always fit. Even if you gain weight. Even if you lose weight. Even if your boyfriend dumps you, they are still there for you.

3. They will never leave you. They won't be offended if you box them up and put them in the back of your closet for months at a time only to pull them out to wear them once and return them to the back again. They don't mind if you stop wearing them in lieu of a younger, sleeker model. They don't mind if you consider them frumpy, dumpy, sexy or smart.

4. You can never have "enough" shoes. It's not like cars or jeans or sweatshirts. There's always a drastically different pair to be had.

5. I'm sure there are more reasons, TELL ME SOME OF YOURS.

Basically, I love shoes.

Even these shoes:


These shoes support me even at 7 a.m. this morning, when the moon was still out in the lightening sky and while my body wasn't quite awake, my brain was courtesy of the espresso I had before hopping in the car to go rouse my lovely running buddy to go run 5 miles, 3 of which were fast, one of which was sub-9. They support me even then.

Coming soon: moving news, fall favorites (recipes and more!), tea party preparations, and lots more running and fashion.

Ciao,
kc

THIS MORNING: 5 miles, tempo
YESTERDAY: 4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment