Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Where'd it go?

1. Today, my head is not attached. I'm not sure where I left it, but it wasn't on when I got up this morning. God help me, as I don't know how I'm going to get through today.

2. Seriously, I did one of those classic put-conditioner-on-my-loufah-instead-of-soap things this morning, and very nearly left the shower with shampoo in my hair.

3. "Coffee Break" down by the Sunny Brae Murphy's Market makes the best cappucino I've tasted since Italy. And it's hard to beat Italy with espresso.

4. I need to write their owner a note expressing my expressions of their espresso.

5. Did I mention my head was missing?

6. I can't remember the last time I was this tired. But it may have been the last spring quarter of college in my print quality class where we were discussing the pros and cons of gravure versus litho for the umpteenth time in my 3 years as a Graphic Communication major and I fell asleep — in the back of the room mind you — because I was cozy and warm and soooo tired and Dr. Keif stopped his lecture to yell at me.

7. I like sleep. Sleep is good.

8. I got dressed no less than four times this morning. For some reason, I could not put together an outfit this morning. It may have been because my brain was not properly functioning. Luckily, I was lucid enough to realize that the first three outfits just did. not. work. As much as I love reading the "What was she thinking?" column, I never really want to appear in one — or be a nominee for one.
  •  Outfit #1: Red-brown leather tulip-pencil skirt, heather-grey sweater, Versace pumps. Realized that the skirt called for more browns, less blacks.
  • Outfit #2: Tried different skirt (houndstooth wool in red/cream/darkbrown). Grey sweater clashed. Tried with stockings.
  • Outfit #3:Houndstooth wool pencil skirt with Versace pumps and black top and stockings. Gold zipped pockets on skirt showed and clashed with silver work on pumps. Ooops. Different shoes not an option as bare legs were too cold today and don't have brown stockings.
  • Conclusion: need to invest in opaque tights so I can wear boots with my pencil skirts.

9. In case you were wondering, I settled for jeans and a black wrap sweater I've liberated from my mother's closet. (What? She wasn't wearing it!) Dressed it up with my beloved Versace pumps and a new chunky necklace (my Auntie Carol loves me) and was able to get out the door presentably.

Chunky statement necklace courtesy of Auntie Carol

10. Sans coffee.

11. Hence the expressing my espresso at Coffee Break. There is a God.

12. My brain not being attached today could prove problematic (I mean, unusually so, rather than just standardly) as today is Wednesday.

13. Wednesday is a busy day.

14. Lots of brain-requiring tasks on Wednesday.

15. Thank God I got both my stories written this week yesterday. You know, when my head was still attached to my neck. Before I lost it.

16. Speaking of stories, I wrote the cover story this week! It's about running. Go running. Go me. Read it here. And here. And here.

17. I'll bet you didn't know I could write! I'm not just a pretty face. Or just an artist. I have a myriad of talents. That's right, myriad. Wow, I need more coffee...

18. We made a delicious pizza last weekend. That I really wish I could talk about right now, but I'm just too tired. And you shouldn't have to deal with my lack of brain-age right now. I'm sure this sounds like the most intelligent post I've ever written. I apologize.

19. Profusely.

20. I'm sorry. I'm done, I promise.

Ciao,
kc


YESTERDAY: 60 minute Fartlek
SUNDAY: 3 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment