Monday, November 22, 2010

10 Reasons Why I Love My Garmin


10. Because of my Garmin, I have a better sense of distance when I run even when I run without it. True story.

9. With my Garmin, it's easier to find your way back if you get lost. It helps you retrace your steps. Which is a bummer when you have to retrace 3 or 4 or more miles, but it's better than being lost in the snowy woods. Or sunny woods. Depending upon the time of year.

8. With my Garmin, I can run in the woods and on trails and still know how far I've gone. Beat that, mapmyrun.com!

7. Because of my Garmin, it's easier to know that it's not about how fast you go, it's about doing to mileage. Yes, my Garmin tells me how fast I go, but when it's a depressing speed, I can just look at the "distance" box and see that I've gone far enough that it doesn't matter.

6. My Garmin tells me how fast I'm going, so when I'm too speedy, I can slow down and speed up when I'm too slow. My inner odometer might be nearly calibrated, but my inner speedometer still leaves something to be desired.

5. Because of my Garmin, I can go adventuring and check out new trails without worrying about how far I might end up going. I can go as far as I'm comfortable with and then turn around if necessary.

4. With my Garmin, I have worry-free running.

3. Because of my Garmin, if I don't feel like running that 4, 5, 10 mile loop that I have down pat, I don't have to. I can run somewhere else and still run the mileage I need to.

2. Because of my Garmin, I can explore different cities and locations while running.

1. Because of my Garmin, I run more often, faster, and farther. If that isn't reason enough to love my Garmin, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment