Friday, November 26, 2010

Cashmere Tip

So this is something that I've had so many problems with in the past. What's a girl to do when her nice cashmere and wool sweaters pill up?

Apparently, you shave them!

Gently, with the fabric laid flat on a surface (like the floor or a table), only apply as much pressure as you would when shaving your legs so as not to snag and cause holes. They make actual sweater shavers, apparently, but I just used my Venus with a fresh razor that will now be my "sweater razor." Disposable would work as well, I suppose. Combine with a lint brush to pick up the "decapitated" pills and your sweater will be returned to excellent condition!

That and always hand wash or dry clean and always lie flat to dry and never wring or agitate your cashmere and it will last you a lifetime.

Or at least, so I'm told.

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment