Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Adventures at Gap

That's right, I forgot. I'm so sorry. But I did forget that I was going to tell you about Christmas shopping and some delightful finds!

I'm not a Gap shopper...too expensive and too preppy. I haven't been in a place in my life where I've needed to invest in clean cut clothes from Gap. I'm pretty good at making outfits from handmedowns and thrift shopping, and the sale rack at Kohl's. But my beloved sister put a challenge to me for her Christmas list, and because of it, I went to Gap.

The challenge:
A classy raincoat in red or plaid.

Gap, unfortunately, did not have the ubiquitous raincoat, but the mission sent me to their sale rack (where all of their raincoats were). Much to my joy. So no raincoat, but browsing scored me a comfy striped cotton tunic and a classic white buttondown in a boyfriend cut — all for less than $20! At Gap! Who'd have thought?


I rock the buttondown with my boots and this gorgeous necklace I picked up from the Kohl's sales rack. Today, I paired the buttondown with my black boots and my charcoal grey blazer for an interview. Very vogue and very "I'm a designer" professional.

Now I must go, because boyfriend is home!

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment