Thursday, November 4, 2010

Because I'm a Princess, that's why

While I was visiting home this weekend, my mommy threw me a princess themed birthday party. Because I'm a princess, that's why. I also had a Halloween blast and ran 6 miles with my lovely running buddy...it was great to catch up with her. Every time I see her I realize she's even more awesome and I miss her so much when I'm away. :(

Anyways, mush aside, here are some photos from the Princess Party.

We dressed the table and the room!

A princess carriage and beautiful pink mirror brought the table together.

Individual wands and giant diamond rings added a bit of sparkle.

Cousin Mija (the chihuahua) joined us and everyone tiara'd up (see my papa behind me).

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the piece de resistance: the princess cake with recipe provided by Smitten Kitchen's fabulous chef. Beautifully strawberry flavored and decadently pink, it was quite a showstopper at the party.



And props to this 94-year-old princess, it was her first princess party! What a travesty.

Boyfriend's grandma was so thrilled about her tiara and diamond ring, it was adorable!

More on Halloween later, lovelies.

Ciao,
kc

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to tell you, Karen LOVED the cake, she gobbled it up within 10 minutes of me getting home : ) You didn't get to see your artwork in person, although I know you where busy and running around, I guess she expected you might want to check it out. ITs not going anywhere though, so you can see it soon enough I am sure! Miss you already, it was great to have you back around for a few days... I am still pretending we are just busy and haven't gotten together in awhile... not that you are actually gone and moved a month ago! A month already?!?!! ggee whizz.. ok, enough babbling, love ya chica!

    ReplyDelete