Friday, March 30, 2012

The Tea Dance

Let me explain something to you about the women in my family...well, I guess not even the women, but primarily the women: we like our tea! Tyler despairs because I have completely taken over an entire cabinet with tea. He constantly pulls his hair out because I'm forever buying more tea.

It's genetic. Not the buying part, but the liking tea part. We all love it. Not sure why, as I don't remember drinking a ton of it growing up. But Mom always was.

Now, this thing we do with our tea is also genetic. I will tell you, this post was inspired by a Facebook status my sister left the other day and I'm going to repeat it here as I still giggle every time I think about it.
Making tea: (1) Heat water in microwave. (2) Promptly forget about it. (3) Remember when microwave won't stop beeping. (4) Water is now lukewarm. Reheat. (5) Put in teabag. (6) Get called in to the kitchen by Scott [her boyfriend] saying, "How over-steeped are you going for today?" (7) Add milk and honey. (8) Drink some. (9) Leave cup on kitchen table and walk away to work on your capstone. 20 minutes later... (10) Remember you made tea, go get it from the table. (11) Tea is now lukewarm. Reheat...
 And this is very much genetic. I do it too. My mother does it. I'm pretty sure my aunts do it, I know I've seen at least one of them do it.

Not only do we love us some tea, we also love us some tea dance.

Hope this made you giggle as much as it did me...

Ciao,
kc

1 comment:

  1. I still laugh when I read this! I'd better go reheat my tea....
    Mom

    ReplyDelete