Monday, October 11, 2010

Dangerous Encounters?

Okay, so not so much. But the wildlife here is not only ridiculous, but they're not scared at all.

Exhibit A:



Vicious? See that? That panther is not scared of me at all!

So I'm not serious in this instance at least. Kitty (name still unknown) is a brave little bugger who thought to invite himself (herself?) into my house the other day, without so much as a "don't mind if I do." Silly kitty.

However, exhibit B is a little cooler and I'm being much more serious.

Exhibit B:



That's a coyote.

A live one.

A live wild coyote. Or so it would have us think.

The cute butt on the bike is boyfriend.  Please don't check it out, only I'm allowed to do that.

As for the coyote, he trotted along the bike path we were on for a while on the other side of the barbed wire fence. I thought maybe he just felt safe in the fact that he was probably the "bigger" predator and as we were in a no-hunt zone, which reads "teeming with people all the time," he probably felt secure in the fact that he's the most dangerous thing in his territory. Top of the food chain as it were.

And you know, the barbed wire fence was between us and him.

Then he hopped the fence. And began to chase butterflies on and around the path.

Wild.

Yeah. Right.

I'm sure he is legitimately wild, but he's not scared of people. Nosiree. Mom though rabid, but he made no move towards us and other than the being three feet from us big scary people on bicycles (quite literally), he was engaged in fairly normal coyote behavior.

Speaking of wild animals...

Boyfriend has settled into his man-cave and I may or may not see him this winter. He's asked for a spare key to my car so he doesn't have to hunt down my keys to move my car out of the garage so that he can set up his skateboard rail and skate in the garage. All that's missing from his lawn-chair decor is a mini-fridge full of beer. And that's what snow's for, right? He's out there right now listening to the S.F. Giants game on the radio. I haven't seen him in hours.

Oh well. So long as he's happy. At least I don't have to listen to the game.

Ciao,
kc

1 comment: