Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Welcome Baby!

Not my baby, but my godsister's baby. My first god-niece? Eh. We'll go with it.

She came home from the hospital today, but I'll (hopefully) get to meet her this weekend. When I'm in Portland for my second half-marathon. Anyways, I was so excited about this little one, that I knit her a hat today!

For size reference, the flower is 1.75" across. So tiny!

It's so tiny! I don't know if she'll wear it, or if she'll even get to wear it, but it's the thought that counts and it was fun to make!

I've also been super crafty lately, beginning work on the quilt for boyfriend. He requested it a while ago and last week we went to the fabric store and picked colors. He was pretty cute..."Where are all the boy colors?" he asked.

Two of eight colors all cut out!

I've only got three of eight colors cut out so far, and as I'm doing a snail trail pattern, I've got a lot of work ahead of me! We chose purple, teal/blue, bright green and yellow. A bit brighter than I had thought it would be, but it worked out. Hopefully it'll look nice...if it doesn't turn out as what we were picturing, I'll find someone very lucky to gift it to as it will still be beautiful!

I was cutting away the other night and boyfriend asked, "So are you almost done cutting?"

I said with a smile, "Well, this is the third color of eight that I have to do. Which means I have five left, so yeah, I'm almost done."

Apparently, he didn't realize quite how much work it was going to take. I pointed out that this is why I made such a big deal about being sure about the colors we picked! I'm sure it will be lovely. Fingers crossed!

I can't believe my race is on Sunday! Wish me luck while I increase in my antsy-ness as my activity level is halved for tapering. Yay, tapering, ugh, tapering. Love it and hate it. Love it because I don't have to run (there's no such thing as over-tapering), but I hate it because I can't run as much as I'm used to so my body starts to keep me awake at night — plus there's the side issue of my body still wanting as many (or more!) calories as I usually intake when I'm running 20 to 25 miles a week, which makes me feel torpid because I don't run it off.

Ugh.

Yay!

Oh god. I'm running 13 miles this weekend. What was I thinking??

Ciao,
kc

TODAY: 2 miles, 19 minutes flat...I was speedy. Ooops.

No comments:

Post a Comment