Friday, October 22, 2010

Impending rain

My lovely friend sent me this, this morning:

"When you don't think you can do something, sometimes things just fall together really well on race day and you totally surprise yourself. So it's worth it to put yourself out there and take some chances."
Lisa Koll, U.S. distance runner and four time NCAA Division One Champion

Which is really really good to know, as I don't feel prepared for Sunday's race at all. Two months of training on top of the month and a half I did for the last race and I feel unprepared. We started training right after my last race.

What the heck? I should feel geared up and ready to go.

Maybe it's the impending rain. It poured last night here, which I don't mind, but it's supposed to rain on Sunday in Portland. 7:30 a.m. race + rain. Ick.

Oh well, I'm an Arcata girl. We know rain.

Ciao,
kc

No comments:

Post a Comment